Andra Gillum is a free-lance writer, and the author of Doggy Drama. and Puppy Drama. She lives in Columbus, Ohio with her family. Her two dogs (Riley and Lucy) and two kids (Max and Mia) are featured in her books.
Andra would love to hear from you! Contact her at: email@example.com
I love to visit schools and meet new students! My author visits offer a very personal touch. I prefer to spend several days in each school so that I can really connect with the kids and staff. In many schools, I visit each classroom individually so I can truly interact with the students. My visits are also very low maintenance for the school staff. Just give me a schedule and I'll take it from there. All visits are customized to suit the age and curriculum, and I always allow time for plenty of questions. My own kids are 10 and 12, so I understand how to make the discussion relevant and fun!
“Andra made reading and the writing process fun for our kids!”
Bobbi Lohiser, Librarian, Toll Gate Elementary
“Andra was an absolute delight to have at our building. She was so easy to work with and schedule in classes. The students were thrilled to have a real-life author walking our hallways and listening to their stories and writing experiences too. Any classroom and student could benefit from a visit from her."
Missy McCoy, Literacy Coordinator, Stiles Elementary
Presentations emphasize the importance of checking your work and editing! Writing workshops focused on personification also available. Very affordable fees - Starting at just $150 per day. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an event!
· Grade level presentations – Small groups based on students’ attention spans and ability levels
· Customized lessons – Your curriculum can be incorporated into the lesson. Everything can be personalized.
· The writing process - research, outlining, editing, revising, etc. We'll also discuss the student's writing.
· The publishing process – handling rejection, perseverance, persistence
· Pre-sale order forms and day-of-visit order forms provided